I just recently built up a ML10V2 server and updated it with a hot swap cage and associated trays. For some reason I'm not getting any activity lights on the front of the trays when the server is running. I know the lights work because they briefly come on when the server is powered up. The drives are being driven by a P410 Smart Array and I'm wondering if that's not the reason. I have had nothing but good luck with the P410 controller and would be surprised if it was the cause. Everything works great except I see no activity lights.
HP ProLiant ML10v2 i3-4150 $169.99 with Promo Code EMCREBR27 after #30 MIR https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2RC-001A-000S2&Tpk=2RC-001A-000S2
Hi there, this is my first post but I've lurked here before and I think this site is great. That said I have a problem and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot is.
- ML10v2 b120i software RAID used with:
- Array A 1 Logical drive in RAID 0 - this is one SSD, Samsung 850
- Array B 1 Logical drive in RAID 1+0 - this is a set of 4 WD Reds
- Runs Windows 10 professional as a Steam in-home streaming server and 'Nas'
- Arrays are detected as two "HP LOGICAL VOLUME SCSI Disk device" by Windows
This system ran fine for a couple of months but since a month it has been causing problems:
- Windows slows down to a crawl and becomes unresponsive
- SDD usage is 100%
- Seems to happen randomly
- chkdsk on the drive, everything fine
- Windows event logs don't mention anything regarding defective drives, neither does disk management
- Disk usage is 100% although there is no process causing this and nothing is being written or read according to Windows
- ILO will sometimes say "Internal Storage Enclosure Device Failure (Bay 5, Box 0, Port 5I, Slot 0)" (this is the SSD)
- ILO will sometimes say this Logical drive has failed, so not the physical drive
- Ran HP SSA offline and ran diagnostics. Nothing. Currently it says everything is fine
I just can't pinpoint the location of the failure, does anybody have an idea what's going on here?
HPE ProLiant ML10v2 i3-4150 for $179.99 at NewEgg with Promo Code: EMCRDRG25 after $30 MIR & Free Shipping!
I am trying to build a home lab for the purposes of learning the virtualization technologies - WS 2012 R2 Hyper-V / VMware ESX / Citrix XenServer and for this purpose, I have just purchased (with my limited knowledge in server hardware)1 HP Prolient ML10v2 with Xeon E3-1220 v3, 8 Gigs of RAM, Single 1 TB HDD. I am also planning to buy more ML10v2 servers, (if ML10v2 server can fulfil my requirement of implementing these virtualization solutions and can run couple of VMs per host).
My question to the community is whether has anyone successfully installed/ran these solution off this server? if yes, what are the considerations for installing VMware ESX/Citrix XenServer that one must keep in mind?
If the ML10v2 hardware is not capable of installing/running/hosting these bare metal solutions (VMware/XenServer) than what is the minimum hardware requirement to be considered before purchasing another server. Please consider the fact that this is a home lab and I have limited budget of around 1000-1500 USD (500 already spent) and have to meet the needs first and wants later.
Consider me a newbie here and if I have missed any information to be provided, please let me know. Any help/advice is much appreciated, Thanks in advance.