Breckenridge lives as Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials
Do you recall that little leak about a storage server code-named Breckenridge? The SBS Blog has now announced the official product. The storage server blog on Technet also has the details. Here is a small blurb but hit the links for more info.
It shares common features and usability with both Windows Home Server code name “Vail” and Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials and is optimized for:
- Server and PC backup, including file, folder and image based restore
- Centralized storage for file data and easier sharing
- Console driven administration for easier management
- Access to your data from virtually anywhere through Remote Web Access
- Network health monitoring for both Windows and Mac PC’s
- Active Directory Domain join
With support for up to 25 users, Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials is an appliance form-factor with preconfigured hardware and software – vastly simplifying the deployment and management tasks normally associated with a new file server or additional servers for storage. Plus, Active Directory join capability enables Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials to easily integrate into existing infrastructure and networks.